The transformational leadership bases in the good communication of the leader with his employees projecting them to processes of change organizacional inspiring, motivating and creating commitment of the workers with the organisation that represent and with his aims.
The transformational leader proposes ideas and initiatives favouring the change and transmitting enthusiasm to the people that directs by what achieves high levels of satisfaction and confidence, variables of great importance in the growth of all organisation. Besides, andste type of leader achieves with his behaviour that his followers even surpass the initial expectations marked by what attains to optimise the results which is another key piece more in the processes of change organizacional.
>> Article related: How motivate to the employees: 7 basic motivations.
Transformational leadership, the best alternative for the organisation.
Recently, it has showed in a study made in the University of the Basque Country that the style of transformational leadership achieves greater levels in satisfaction with the leader, autoeficacia perceived and motivation of the employees to the hour to work that other types of leadership of similar court, like the transactional leadership (Hermosilla, Amutio, Gives Coast and Páez, 2016). This study was made after contrasting data of north companies of Spain (Basque Country and Navarra) obtained from among 47 directors and 107 subordinated.
With the data in the hand, can say that the transformational leadership is at present a good strategy for the growth and change of any type of organisation by what the directors and owners of the companies have to be attentive to the hour to know choose to his leaders or transform in one adapted to his aims.
>> Article related: Differences between agent and leader of an organisation.
Other types of leadership.
Although we say that the transformational is a good election for the processes of change organizacionales exist other styles of leadership that fits to take into account since in function of the style of company, the people and the marked aims can adapt better to our needs:
- Autocratic leadership. Absolute control of the operations and takings of decision making cutting indications and férreas which can become desmotivante for the employees. No recommended, but unfortunately, very used.
- Participatory or democratic leadership. Basically the contrary to the autocratic. The participatory leader makes queries to the rest of the team before taking a final decision. Recommended for the work of team where rewards the quality of the product or final service.
- Charismatic leadership. Inspiring leader and with big capacities of attraction and seduction with the people to his charge, generally with high levels of emotional intelligence to know handle the emotional surroundings of the group of work to his favour.
- Lateral leadership. They are those leaders that arise inside a same hierarchical level. In a group of work appears a person that takes the reins of a project and influences in the other motivating to the marked aim by the upper leader to him that has to allow this type of behaviour.
- Transactional leadership. This type of leader bases his management of team in processes of exchange of of rewards. It knows to reinforce the performance of his workers by what the profit of the fulfillment of aims is mutual.
- Leadership laissez-fair or delegativo. As we speak in east another article, treats of leaders with a high capacity to delegate or empowerment. It is a contrary style to the autocratic and with similarities to the democratic in which the leader only takes part on time and when it is necessary to do it leaving do to his employees. It splits of the base that it can use with employees with high automotivación, experience and previous training to which does not do lacking to be supervising continuously, which even can do them feel uncomfortable in his tasks.
- Transformational leadership. So that it was recorded in the list, but is explained already in the first paragraphs of the article.
Which type of leadership adecua more to your organisation?
>> Article related: Autoeficacia professional: a push to the labour success.
Hermosilla, D., Amutio, A., Da Costa, S., Páez, D. (2016). El Liderazgo transformacional en las organizaciones: variables mediadoras y consecuencias a largo plazo. Revista de Psicología del Trabajo y de las Organizaciones 32 (3)p. 135-143, ISSN 1576-5962. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1576596216300159