The psychology studies the behaviour and mental processes of the people and the representation of these behaviours is what achieves through the theatre and the performing arts. That is the main reason by which the psychology applied to the theatre and the theatre applied to the psychology are ones of the synergies in which we find a feedback for both very clear and evident disciplines.
The theatre is the representation of the life and the psychology is the one who tries it explain, knows how works the human mind will do better to the actors and actresses; and use the theatrical representation will be a tool of big value to apply it like technician for the improvement of the people that need to face some type of problem or improve his standard of living.
The theatre applied to the psychology
The theatre is used in psychology through different technical of role playing or through technicians of dynamics of groups like the psicodrama to stage situations and contexts that create a difficult conflict to resolve for the person. This afrontamiento of a problem does of way controlled, by what the risks that assumes the affected asemejarán to the reality and to the intensity and tension that suppose , but in an environment in which the person will be able to feel freer to express .
A psychologist that have the sufficient creativity and achieve to involve to his patient/customer in the thematic and narrative to treat, related with the basic problem, will have a source of information and of answers by part of the person that will be a great help in the processes already are therapeutic in the treatment of disorders of all type, as in processes of personal development and improve of emotional intelligence or communication.
| Article related: The psicodrama, a therapy grupal creative
The main advantages to apply the theatre in the sessions of psychology
- It supposes an afrontamiento of a situation in an environment controlled.
- It exposes to the person assume some risks, but knowing that are not real, by what will help in the process of integration in situations more natural.
- The person has to interpret his paper with some intensity, feelings and emotions, but without the own tension of a real situation.
- Awake the more curious and creative side of the person.
- It allows to represent situations of vulnerability and emotional control.
- Segrega neurotransmisores Of natural way, very resembled the realisation of a sport or physical activity. Dopamine, endorfina, serotonin and oxytocin will tend to reestablish an appropriate mental balance.
- It requires of a big cognitive coordination and of processes atencionales, memory and processing of the information that can use like tool of cognitive stimulation.
- The release of this emotional and cognitive energy supposes a big pleasure for the person, when surpassing a challenge that can be adapted to his personal needs.
- It improves the sensory capacities and of learning.
The psychology applied to the theatre
As we said before the theatre and the psychology is a bidirectional relation that nourishes the one of the another. As well as his application can serve of help in therapeutic processes, is a great help for an actor or actress know and put in hands of a psychologist that teach him to handle his main tool of work: the expression.
Between the profits to apply the psychology to the work of the scenic representation, to the equal that sucede in doing it in other branches as it can be in the sportsmen are, among others:
- Improvement of the emotional intelligence: emotional self-supervision, empathy, social skills, automotivación, asertividad, autoconsciencia emotional, etc.
- Control of the social anxiety or the scenic fear.
- Learning of the relaxation and his more effective technicians.
- Improvement of the communicative skills: language, paralenguaje, kinestesia, tone of voice.
- Improvement of the processes atencionales, so much to execute the text and the representation in himself as to learn to concentrate shelving to the public.
- Learning of technicians of social influence to improve the interaction with the public.
- Improve the memory and the skills of reading, study and learning of the texts and scripts of way more agile.
- Apply the psychology for the own professional orientation and the labour conciliation-person and educational of the actor or actress.
- Establish technicians of improvement of the creativity, the improvisation and the spontaneity.
The culture like source of the personal and social progress
The culture, like the education, is what sustains to a society and the one who boosts his progress and evolution. Without this part more creativity, without this curiosity, our species would follow living in the caverns. Since the first men decided to begin to do shadows with lights, paint the walls and try express that that occurred them in his day in day out began to transmit to the ours back generations capacity to evolve.
The culture is the first stimulus for other areas like the science or the economy like source of creativity, impulse and progress. The culture in addition to being an impulsor of talent that transfers to other areas fulfils also an important function in our society and that each day has more time in our lives: the leisure. The capacity to entertain to the people, to distract of the daily problems and give step to new emotions, to generate sociabilidad and interactions between people is something vital for some so social beings like the humans.
Therefore, thanks to all those that compose the world of the culture for following believing and doing us happy to which to the enjoy. In all his creative forms: theatre, cinema, painting, sculpture, video games or even sport like form of culture.
Thank you For doing art. Thank you For keeping the awake human mind.