What factors influence adherence?
To identify adherence we must first be clear about eight indicators:
- Define what is for us grip and what is not according to our group or expectations. Not the same team performance, one of a sports school to get together to play one pachanga between friends.
- Background conditions and circumstances. As we said earlier: What happened before …? Perhaps the child comes from a computer running the free will or simply have moved from city and gives preference to the search for friends, for example.
- Consequences of being adherent and not. Do we have an internal system? We applied fairly?
- Models and references. We will check the player models many direct and indirect, internal and external. That is, we ask: How is the child’s father? Do you talk a lot about a certain player famous? It is set to peers and imitates?
- basic motivation. Would you really like what you do? Maybe you are bound by the parents … or by the bride to lose weight!
- Stressful situations. Where is the threshold stress the athlete? It is for that early in a nuisance or continued to limp? Or … do you feel pressure not to do so well?
- Beliefs and attitudes. If this is a person who directly believes that “I’m no good at this” and justified it … there will first address this issue before the adhesion.
- Available resources. We can not come to us as a coach and psychologist up if we are not able, in addition to the players often better capture the coach external sources. If you have well-informed on how to act and trained you look ahead, but appreciates the time that you have to give the player or group some guidelines to correct or prevent. We do not always have time for everything and have to prioritize needs. Otherwise, values consult your case with a psychologist, we are not flakiness;).
To gather this information we can do through simple meetings, direct observation and recording of observed variables, questionnaires, etc.
With all this we will have a first analysis of the risk assessment of a lack of grip and specify the problems to develop an intervention program to correct, prevent and enhance adherence.
See the previous article on adherence to training.