The last days are condemning many acts of violence in sports to the mobilization of the arbitration community that feels helpless on numerous occasions. It is a problem of lack of sporting culture to be treated to eradicate from the education of players based on the figure of the coach is of vital importance.
10 basic intervention strategies for coaches
- Meetings with the players. Periodically it is healthy for brief meetings between players and coaches to discuss the objectives achieved and future body. Within these objectives they are not only sports but educational as sports hygiene or behavior. We spend a few minutes at these meetings to remind players positive sporting values.
- Parent meetings. Often, parents in regular meetings in addition to talk about the development of their children should remember the rules of good behavior and public is not called.
- Management of real situations. We can take the role of arbitrator within training and punish unfair actions so that players learn to master these situations of adverse reactions and understand that the referee can also be wrong.
- Commitment coach. It is no use to say a few words to the children for the first rebuke the referee is the coach himself well behaved if after during a match. Children do what they see.
- Signing of internal rules. It is convenient to have a basis in our school or sports team in which are reflected certain rules of behavior. Merely them sign to parents and even the players themselves create them a feeling of being infrigiendo the “law”. Without law there is no order.
- Reduce the odds. What we can do as coaches is to promote violent or aggressive acts. That is, if we know that two players are confronted by some external rivalry does not place them on the track at the same time. If the parent of a player is berating the referee from the stands, what do you think that will make the child? Be careful with these situations because it depends on the player’s personality, discussed in all cases with him and his father to explain the situation. There are players able to withstand this pressure paternal in the game but does not mean you can feel embarrassed. If we see that the player is being activated by the attitude of his father we remove them from the field. Perhaps the father ends up realizing that you are doing worse than his son. Chances are that the father scolded after the coach must be prepared.
- Encourage behavior. Encourage players to shake hands on the contrary, to throw the ball out if there is an injury, greet the public or apologize for any action of an accidental blow.
- Promote interpersonal collaboration. Play colaborate games in tranings.
- Sensitize and condemn. Speaking of examples of violence in sport and its negative impact and always condemn any act that the children have seen on television.
- Transfer serve for the rest of life. Sport must serve to incultar values for the rest of life.
Remember that are educational standards and in some cases supported by a professional psychologist may be useful to make a good assessment of the case to adjust the intervention to the needs of the collective.
Photo: By Flickr user leoniewise – http://www.flickr.com/photos/leoniewise/132835106/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1107549
Como casi siempre se indica una única parte del problema. …y los propios árbitros, qué pintan en este problema, he visto arbitrar a chavales que les han dado la licencia de arbitro después de un fin de semana de formación, les envian a pitar partidos sin tener un mínimo de conocimientos. Artículo interesante pero reduccionista……
Totalmente de acuerdo Manu. La prevención de la violencia es cosa de todos los colectivos. Un árbitro bien formado y con buenas competencias en inteligencia emocional beneficiaría al desarrollo del juego limpio.
Gracias por el aporte. Estoy preparando más material sobre este mismo tema.
QUE PROPONDRIAS TU?
PODES BRINDARME MAYOR INFORAMCION COLEGA ?
¡Hola! La prevención de la violencia en el deporte no solo implica el ámbito del equipo deportivo, sino la educación global de los niños y adolescentes y más concretamente los modelos de referencia. Está claro que es difícil modificar hábitos de padres, pero el objetivo sería conseguir que las generaciones futuras reduzcan este tipo de comportamientos para que no sirvan de modelos negativos para los futuros hijos.
Los medios de comunicación también forman parte de esta educación global, parecen empeñados en mostrar las imágenes violentas (que venden más) en lugar de mostrar los modelos más educativos para los chavales. A falta de esto, los entrenadores formados y preparadores para ello han de intentar compensar los posibles déficits. Inteligencia emocional.